Saturday, September 16, 2006

Meteorologic Irony And A Lesson...

Yes!!!! Today, the weather is beautiful! Clear, blue Colorado skies, enough breeze to keep things moving around and, at 65 degrees at 8:15 a.m., a perfect day to get out! Just like I'd hoped for. Problem: I've made fairly elaborate and multi-layered plans to volunteer at a benefit trail-building project then go climbing in Eldo with a couple of friends. The 'problem' part is--wife left suddenly last night in order to oversee the launch of her friend's baby out of amniotic fluid and the mythic safety of the womb and into this more colorful and interesting, albeit dangerous world--ex-vitreo. Fine. I knew this was coming. Makes sense. So, I gotta stay home and be daddy and supportive husband...my job. Love it, usually. Today, however--having trouble not being selfishly myopic and wallowing in self-pity. Caught myself two or three times being such, and dutifully beat myself into an appropriate submission. That worked for a while. Wish I wasn't so slow at seeing the Big Picture and putting my own petty 'needs' away. I guess it'd be easier if this wasn't just the latest frustrating installment in a grand series of the universe to conspire against every plan I've made to have a little fun...(Oops. There I go again. See how easy it is?! Eveyone join in! Let's feel sorry for ourselves and scowl-like-we're-gonna-die-if-we-don't-get-what-we-want, on '3'. Ready? 1, 2...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home