Friday, December 08, 2006

Flying Alone.

I love flying alone. I love the whole process, beginning to end. The rituals of packing, getting to the airport, riding the shuttle train to the concourse, the double-checking of the gate and departure time, and then, finally, taking my seat and settling down, usually grabbing a short nap before take-off. It all boils down to a great time for me to reflect and consider, unencumbered by anything familiar or of responsible import. These days, it’s tough to get time alone, and even tougher to get blocks of time in which I can really just sit back and consider my life, my personal victories, challenges and their potential solutions, and the recapturing of my Purpose. Spend time thinking about the BIG existential Stuff. It’s definitely a healthy process for me…cleansing and focusing. It’s kind of like stepping into another world, like an extended meditation. I got to do that yesterday, flying home to see my family. I came up with some good ideas, a few new questions, and got a few things straight. I guess the old adage is true: “When in doubt, go higher.”

2 Comments:

Blogger The Locks said...

What are you saying? Not enough time alone??? How can that be with two jobs, a wife and a cute little one? I don't understand.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I re-read your blog, you are a guy after my own heart--hmmm you really are. The apples don't fall too far from the treek do they? At least, you were coming to visit family.
MOM

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home