Thursday, July 19, 2007

Oopses and Ferrets

That reminds me---I recently became an unwilling participant in the inevitable dark side of the employment cycle. Yes, I got fired. Never been fired before. A total shock. It's kinda weird...like those 'naked' dreams where you're at an intersection and realize you're...well...naked. It's also a little like having a ferret as a pet, except there's LESS responsibility, not more. Ferrets require a lot of time and energy. They can't be in direct sunlight for long, and they, like, really hate the cold. I kept my ferret, Sigmund, in a cage by the window for a while, then I learned they hate the cold and it was February when I realized that, which was a little too late and, at that point, our relationship was forever changed until one day, for no apparent reason, I let it out of its cage and it didn't go anywhere--it just sat there on the window sill wondering what to do with the heightened sense of freedom. There's the parallel, I guess. But its food was in its cage, as was its water and that little chew toy. Ferrets like chew toys, just like dogs and alligators do…most of them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like the name of the Ferret. Enjoyed slipping into your brain processing for a few minutes. I treasure those times. Glad you're re-employed. The students will be the winners, along with their teacher.
MOM

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home