Monday, October 20, 2008

If it'd been a snake...


You know that ole saying that goes "If it'd been a snake, it'd've bit ya!" This home-spun cliche is usually employed to point out the very obvious (by then) location of some requested object, and usually efficiently succeeds in making the searcher feel quite embarrassed or frustrated. However, in a one-in-a-million occasion, the object in question IS an actual snake. This was the case during Alisa's and my recent hike to Devil's Thumb up Shadow Canyon. She obliviously stepped right over it, it got flabergasted, then I caused more flabergastion as I walked up, and it nearly got me. (It was only due to my mongoose-like reflexes that I avoided the snake's strike).

Here is a picture of the snake. I'm sure it was more scared of us then...whatever!




As you can see from this picture above (taken later in the hike), we both escaped injury of the hemotoxic, reptilian variety.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a beard? That's one of the last things I would have expected...ever. I'm not saying it doesn't look smashing on you, it's just unexpected.
-Hunter

7:05 PM  
Blogger just a guy said...

Yeah, it was mostly an artifact of laziness, but the wife likes it, and it allows me to keep being lazy, so everyone wins. I got a bug caught in it on a mountain bike ride recently, though. That was weird.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home