Monday, September 18, 2006

thoughts on rock climbing

exciting new entry about rock climbing...take one:
Got up way too early on Monday and hiked into Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park where Carol Cotchek and I climbed the Flying Buttress on Mount Meeker.
It's been on my short list for a long time, and deserved its spot there. I liked it. It was cool. Really high. Neat-o potato. Descent sucked. Wanna go back...like NOW!-----I like the Park. If you don't look one specifically wrong way, you feel like you're a thousand miles from any civilization. (If you look that one specifically wrong way, you can see Boulder, the view of which, apart from my earlier context, could be worse). The Diamond on Long's Peak (Meeker's next door neighbor) is calling again. Didn't summit last time--got caught in those infamous hail storms in August. Bummer. Making plans...

Peace out! Love your wombat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home