Friday, December 08, 2006

In-Flight Movie, pt 2

Apparently, airlines show TV programs during flights now. They will sell you little headphone sets so you can hear the programs. They have a lot of commercials in these TV programs which, I believe, are the whole reason for the programs themselves—to facilitate the showing of the commercials. It’s like walking in order to put on shoes. And we’ve become as accustomed to their lied and half-truths as we have to steering wheels and carpeted floors. I propose the commercials cost more to produce than did the programs themselves. So that means the commercials are create so you buy stuff in order to make money to be used to pay for more commercials. Is it not the serpent feasting on its own tail? I didn’t buy headphones. Instead, I used the time to reflect, read a little Virginia Woolf, and write this commentary on what everyone else was doing. Most people bought headphones. Most people are being lied to right now. I’m looking at this great cumulus out the window.

1 Comments:

Blogger alethiophile said...

I like clouds.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home