Monday, October 29, 2007

timely, valuable and practical post about zombies

This was retrieved from one of my favorite daily doses from www.steepandcheap.com. This information is valuable, trustworthy, and carries my full endorsement. Hold it...what's that shuffling behind the bushes?!

"I am not well prepared for a Zombie epidemic. I don't have a shotgun, machete, or even a baseball bat. I could scrounge up some kitchen knives, but I may as well just hand myself over to the brain-eating monsters. A kitchen knife or even a small machete is useless--you need weapons that keep them at more than arm's length. Ideally you would be armed with long-, mid-, and close-range weapons when an epidemic breaks loose. For long range you want something with serious stopping power: think pump-action shotgun loaded with deer slugs. If your grandpa has an antique 4-gauge shotgun, you might consider keeping that around. Mid-range weapons are tough, so you need to use your imagination. Look for fire extinguishers you could spray into an advancing crowd of zombies, or on the other end of the spectrum, a liquor store you could pilfer to build Molotov cocktails before you set the building on fire. A baseball or cricket bat would work well up close, and a Plexiglas shield would be useful for pushing zombies back while yelling, "Get behind me!" to your friends..."

2 Comments:

Blogger Ved The-best-car said...

Hey Mr. Locks,
Sorry, I havn't been replying to any of your posts!! (I have been reading them though) and I must say, you're still the literarily (is that a word?) correct english teacher I know. Hope life's going well, love the Blog.
-Ved

7:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Brilliant, lad. Cheers!

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home