Monday, September 18, 2006

Moving, part I

My wife hates moving. She ranks it as one of the most annoying and aggravating things in the world, just below bunchy underwear. Myself, I enjoy it. I find something very therapeutic about it. Moving reminds me of playing existential Tetris, not only in the physical packing of the moving truck, but in the process as a whole. There's a yin and yang found there, a deep re-evaluation that is avoidable when one packs up their life into cardboard boxes and plastic crates. Moving forces a re-evaluation of what is truly necessary, what is needed, what can be done without, given away, recycled or trashed and brings about a poignant way of re-shaping perspective. Moving is a contemplation of all of those things...but I'm glad it over. Now I just have to find a way to get rid of those leftover boxes. Hey! Craig's List!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home